Turning Back the Pages
75 Years Ago
Oct. 15, 1943
William Denman of Dublin was appointed Justice of the Peace Precinct 2 by the Erath County Commissioners Court, succeeding Judge W.B. Goodner. Denman opened an office and court room in the Hallmark building located just back of the Word’s Tailor Shop.
The American Legion Auxiliary unit of the Harry Powell Post 219 installed the following new officers: President Beatrice Gibbs, First Vice President Nettie McCune, Secretary Treasurer Mable Stockton, Chaplain Mrs. Slaughter and Sergeant at Arms Miss Frazier.
members founding the group in 1900: Elbert St. Clair, A. Patton, W.C. West and Columbus Guest.
Donna Sue Jurney was drum major for the 1968-69 Dublin Jr. High Band with Vicky Turley serving as alternate.
25 Years Ago
Oct. 21, 1993
Dublin resident Gene Williams was featured as a popular regular performer at the Cross Timbers Country Opry in Stephenville. Williams spent more than a decade with a band in Mineral Wells and seven years with the Carroll Parham Country Express Band in Stephenville.
Hall & Cleveland celebrated its 40th anniversary with a party and street dance on Live Oak between Patrick and Grafton. The drug store was originally opened by Carl Hall and T.H. Cleveland. David and Annette Cleveland were the sole owners of the pharmacy at the time of the anniversary.
50 Years Ago
Oct. 17, 1968
The modern Dublin Quartet celebrated its 30th anniversary with a live performance. Members were Early Knox, Cleo La Baume, Clayton Barbee and W.W. (Son) La Baume. The quartet was 68 years old with the following