Early voting for District 30 starts Sept. 14
Early voting in the Special Election for Texas Senate District 30 will start Monday.
Early voting will be held at the Erath County Courthouse from Monday to Sept. 18 and Sept. 21 to Sept. 25 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on election day (Sept. 29) and will include: Erath County Courthouse, Dublin County Annex, TexasBank in Stephenville and the AgriLife Extension Center on Highway 281.
The special election is to fill the seat of senator Pat Fallon after Fallon was selected by precinct chairs to replace U.S. Rep. John Ratcliffe on the fall ballot. Ratcliffe was named director of national intelligence. Russell Foster is also on the ballot as a Democratic candidate for the national election, but Fallon is expected to carry the overwhelmingly Republican district.
Candidates running in the special election include:
- Drew Springer- a State Representative from Muenster
- Craig Carter- Owner of the Nocona Boot Company, who ran for District 30 in 2018
- Andy Hopper- a Decatur Software Engineer and member of the Texas State Guard
- Shelley Luther- a Dallas salon owner who faced jail time after opening her business in violation of state pandemic orders
- Christopher Watts- the mayor of Denton
- Jacob Minter- a Collin County electrician and recording secretary for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 20 union
Minter is running as a Democratic candidate while the other five candidates are running as Republicans.