DHS names top grads
Dublin High School has named the highest ranking graduates as the ceremony is set for 7 p.m. Friday at the Tarleton State University Memorial Stadium in Stephenville.
Andrea Mejia was named Valedictorian of the 2020 Dublin High School graduating class while Camry Porter was named Salutatorian.
Because of the social distancing order in place, students and guests will have to follow the safe distancing guidelines set forth by Tarleton University, state, and federal guidelines.
The school district issued the following instructions:
- Social distancing will be expected and followed at all times. Failure to comply will result in dismissal from the stadium.
- Graduates will arrive at the field at 6:30 p.m. and park in the P51 parking lot (map is included in this letter). Social distancing must be observed while in the parking lot.
- Parents and guests will park in the main parking lot in front of the stadium where social distancing will be maintained at all times. No parents will be allowed in the student parking lot.
- We will abide by Tarleton’s clear bag policy.
- No umbrellas, food, or drink will be allowed in the stadium.
- Water will be available.
- Parents and guests may begin entering the field at 6:00 p.m.
- There will be a clear bag check, every attendee will have his/her temperature checked (no one will be permitted that has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher), every attendee and graduate must wear a mask, each attendee must return the acknowledgement form and must have a ticket in order to be admitted, and social distancing will be observed at all times. Anyone not following these guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Everyone who wants to be seated in the same general area will need to arrive together. No partial groups will be admitted. Social distancing will not be violated unless there are children under the age of 10 in the family group.
- Once inside the stadium, the attendees will be escorted to their seats by Tarleton Event Staff.
- Once seated, all attendees will remain in their seats. No one will be allowed to leave his/her seat to take pictures or to move around.
- Once the ceremony is over, attendees will be escorted out of the stadium. Please remain in your seat until escorted out.
- If attendees have need for special accommodations, the request should be made when the students pick up tickets.
- If anyone leaves the stadium, there will be no admittance back in.
- No one will be admitted to the stadium after the ceremony begins.
- Graduates will meet at the P51 parking lot at 6:30 on May 22. No one else will be allowed in the parking lot. Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- All graduates must wear a face mask. A professional photographer will take your picture as you get your diploma. You may remove the mask for the picture, but it must be put back on after the picture.
- Graduates may dress casually but school appropriate. All male students must be clean shaven (failure to be clean shaven will result in you not being allowed to go through the ceremony).
- Graduates may decorate the tops of their caps, but it must be school appropriate.
- There will be no gum, food or drink, purses, or cellphones permitted on the field.
- All females must wear flat shoes.
- For the safety of the students, graduates may not throw their caps at any time.
- Graduates will be escorted in and out of the stadium, and they must leave the parking lot as soon as the ceremony is concluded.
- Graduates will not receive actual diplomas on the night of graduation. They will receive a paper stating that their diploma will be mailed to them.
- There will not be any announcements of scholarships. Scholarships awarded to the Class of 2020 will be published in next week’s edition of the Dublin Citizen.
The 2020Dublin Citizen Graduate section is available to view here: https://etypeservices.com/Dublin%20CitizenID477/